Summer 2012

Summer 2012
Lilly and The Bear

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What I have learned in a month

I can truly say I have a new respect for all mothers out there. Without child your life is just about you, a husband, and a shih tzu. With child your world has been changed forever. In the past month I have learned I will never sleep the hours I did until Lilly has left the nest...or is a teenager sleeping in because it is summer vacation. My schedule is her schedule. Everything is out the window!

I have been peed, pooped, and puked on and yes this has happened on more than 1 occasion.

Little things I have become clever with especially when it comes to putting Lilly to bed. Mikes back massager is a nice vibrator in crib ( yes i stand over until she is asleep), stuffing blankets in the swing so she is not in a curling position 24 hours a day. Dora the explorer has become a routine...apparently its her favorite.

Mommy and Me wears her OUT! So play dates are a must.

Finding a nanny/daycare is a nightmare and I doubt I will return to work March 1.

Having a husband who drops everything once he walks in the door from a work to see her is Awesome!

Watching tv and eating have become at odd hours: breakfast is usually at 5am for me.

Having GG down the hall to take Lilly so I can sleep is a true blessing!

And since Lilly has Colic moving to a preemie nipple, Gripe Water, and pushing her legs into her belly gets rid of gas. Who knew.

Shih Tzu learned running towards Lilly and sitting by her each time she cried gets Shih tzu extra attention! Wow smart doggy. She is being so much better now that she has learned this trick.

And last sleep when she sleeps is a must!! Which means I am off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment